James T. Hollin Jr.
Background and Experience
Business and Employment
May 2007 to present – Registered patent attorney, including prosecuting patent & trademark applications, copyright matters, licensing, IP litigation; offices in Fayetteville Georgia.
June 1979 to present – Member of state bar of Georgia; practicing attorney in matters of civil litigation, employment law, business law, real estate law, appellate practice; Firm name, J.T. Hollin, Attorney at Law, P.C., Atlanta Georgia.
Sept 1972 to March 2004 – Pilot and international qualified Captain with Delta Air Lines, Inc, qualified on Convair 880 (flight engineer), DC-9, Lockheed L-1011, McDonnell-Douglas MD-11, Boeing 727, 757, 767; Captain on Boeing 777, managing crew of 14 on international routes to Europe, Egypt, South America, Japan.
Oct 1971 to Sep 1972 – Development engineer with AiResearch Manufacturing (Div. of Garrett Corporation) as technical manual writer, fluidics design assistant ; Phoenix, Arizona.
March 1968 to Sep 1971 – U.S. Air Force pilot, with qualifications on McDonnell F-4, Cessna O-2; 6-month tour in South Korea; 1-year combat tour in South Vietnam & Cambodia theaters. Retired from active duty as Captain.
Woodrow Wilson College of Law – Atlanta, Georgia; J.D.
Georgia State University – Major: Music, jazz performance
University of Arizona – Tucson, Arizona; B.S. Aerospace Engineering
Professional and Civic Affiliations
Fayette County Chamber of Commerce, Atlanta Bar Association, Literacy Volunteers of Atlanta, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, American Intellectual Property Law Association, Gate City Bar Association, American Bar Association.
Areas Of Practice
- Patent applications 50%
- Patent prosecutions 20%
- Patent infringement & litigation 10%
- Trademark & service mark applications 10%
- Business contracts 5%
- Licensing agreements 5%
Certified Legal Specialties
- Pattent Attorney , US Patent & Trademark Office Reg # 60396, 2007
- Woodrow Wilson College of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. - 1979
- Honors: summa cum laude
- University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
- B.S. - 1968
- Major: Aerospace Engineering
- Patent applications for manufacturing equipment
- Patent applications for surgical instruments
- Patent applications for consumer goods
- Patent applications for supporting goods
- Patent applications for design patents
- Patent applications for provisional patent applications
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Atlanta Bar Association, 2007
- American Bar Association, 2010
- Gate City Bar Association, 1990
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, 2007
Past Employment Positions
- Delta Airlines, Inc., Captain
- Garrett Corp., Development Engineer
- United States Air Force, Captain
Pro Bono Activities
- consulting & advice to persons refered by the Atlanta Bar Association, 2007